Monday, May 6, 2013

Toast Mother's Day with One of the Finest Grower-Producer Champagnes

Based in Avize is one of the greatest grower-producers in Champagne, Agrapart & Fils. I visited them several years ago and saw for myself what they do: truly natural and artisanal winemaking, utilizing basic, traditional farming and winemaking implements.

The Champagnes are produced without artifice:
  • The domaine-owned vineyards are predominantly Grand Cru in the area of Avize
  • The vineyards are farmed organically and plowed.
  • Harvesting is done at optimal ripeness.
  • The wine is barrel-fermented using wholly indigenous yeasts.
  • Extended bottle aging on the lees.
  • Low dosage.
The magnificient Les 7 Crus Champagne is from 85% Grand Cru vineyards and the other 15% all Premier Cru. The quality is truly overachieving, rivaling the quality of Champagnes that are much more expensive. One of the great buys in naturally-crafted, grower-producer Champagnes today.

Champagne Brut Blanc de Blancs Les 7 Crus, Agrapart & Fils $35.00 (Click to buy!)
From one of the top grower-producers based in Avize, Agrapart makes this rich, distinctive Champagne, mostly from grand cru vineyards. Quite dry and intense on the palate, with stunning mouth presence and persistence on the finish. Unquestionably, one of the best values you'll find in high quality Champagnes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.